*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959445-MODERN-COWGIRLS
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#959445 added May 22, 2019 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
MODERN COWGIRLS
When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?


signature dancing owl *TeaG*

Quotes: the two references below are from the https://blackmtnranch.com/horse-quotes/

1. "You can't tame a cowgirl"

2. "“A horse is the projection of peoples’ dreams about themselves -strong, powerful, beautiful- and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence” Pam Brown

One time in a bible study some one asked me to share something I had read in the Bible during the week. My answer was proverbs 14:4 from the Living Bible "An empty stable stays clean but there is no income from an empty stable." {The person who asked did not believe this statement was in Proverbs. I had to look it up an show it to him.) *Laugh*

Cowgirl Blogging


When I was little I wanted to be a cowgirl. My bicycle was named trigger. I had some misadventures on horses and ponies aided by various people, while I was growing up. I read books and dreamed of sitting in a glade reading and writing while my horse grazed nearby. Dad did not buy me a doll house he bought me a barn complete with animals. And one year he bought me a ukulele.

When I was a teenager I rode this part of the country from one end to the other on a small painted pony and loved every moment of it. I miss just mounting up and riding for hours. Trail riding is the best exercise and recreation. Plus, the horse loves it as well. The U.S. Airforce use to put out a pamphlet about the benefits of exercise. Horseback riding was at the top of their list of ways to keep fit.

So, I raised dairy goats and sheep, trained horses and riders, groomed dogs professionally, completed a school of Journalism, and learned to play classical guitar. Now, I blog and read books and store knowledge in my brain. In an odd way, with all the things I know, I guess I lived in my dream.

One of the best teachers I had was an 84 year old retired Colonel who rode every morning at dawn. Horse people are known to be healthy and long lived. Maybe, it's because of all those stories, about the day the horse dumped its rider. *Laugh*

LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE



© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959445-MODERN-COWGIRLS