*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959743-My-Memorial-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#959743 added June 4, 2019 at 1:58pm
Restrictions: None
My Memorial Day
My Jax daughter was to come today but she texted this morning that her sciatica was bad and couldn't stand the long ride. I understand because I've had sciatica too. Unfortunately, I had just put a peach cobbler in the oven. And have a whole pound of fresh asparagus in the fridge. Oh well, I'll think of something. Her kitty is not well either, 21 years old, not eating much and shaky when he walks. Hope they are feeling better by now.

It got up to 98 degrees today, 96 right now. I'm having to water my outside blooming flowers twice each day to keep their leaves from shriveling. No rain in forever but I'm sure in June it will be raining every day. That's Florida's rainy season...one of them at least. Grass is scorched too.

County rescue took my neighbor across the street to the hospital this morning. He's having problems with his dialysis site plus other things, been on dialysis for over 15 years. He's such a pleasant fellow, hope he is okay.

I just had my planned Memorial Day dinner minus the cobbler, gave that away. Coconut shrimp with oven baked asparagus and a sweet tater. Then, vanilla ice cream and strawberries. Life is so good and I am so grateful. Hope everyone had a good and restful Memorial Day.

© Copyright 2019 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959743-My-Memorial-Day