*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960104-SOCIAL-AGE-AND-HEALTH
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#960104 added June 3, 2019 at 4:28am
Restrictions: None
SOCIAL AGE AND HEALTH
There are many types of ages like-

1. BIOLOGICAL AGE- means the number of years a person is living since birth

2. PHYSIOLOGICAL AGE- means performance status or stamina status of any person which may or may not be matching his / her age, for example a 60 year old person may be as fit as any 40 year old individual , so his physiological age would be 40 when his biological age is 60 years. One old age advertisement of Dabur Chyvanprash tag line defines it so nicely that is " 60 saal ke budhe ya 60 saal ke jawan" , and

3. SOCIAL AGE

Now, in today's social structure with more and more nuclear families, people investing more number of years of their lives studying and building careers, both partners working, late marriages, and late children, I realised another important type of age which I call as SOCIAL AGE.
This has becoming inevitable and there is nothing wrong about it, provided we take care of our health to meet its challenges. It is important as we as a society feels obliged to settle our children both professionally and on family front (marriage).

WHAT IS THIS SOCIAL AGE-

I define it as the age representing any person's stagr who have had marriage and children on time so that they could have retirement from their profession and family responsibilities (which I call as ACTUAL MEANINGFUL RETIREMENT) by 60 years or so. Let us understand what I mean here.
In our country, in many cases people get married between 25 to 35 years mostly with children in 2 to 3 years time. So by the time they reach 60 years their children would be 33 to 23 years of age. Now it is very convenient for these couple or person to be able to help and see their children settling on both accounts.
In today's scenario more and more people marry late between 35 to 45 years of age.
Obviously their children would be of the age ranging from 24 to 14 years.
Now imagine a couple who is 60 plus age, about to retire from office with a child between 14 to 20 years and most importantly failing health due to improper care for his or her health.
Let us compare the above two situations. In first situation person / couple is lesser age, actively earning, grown up kids most of whom are professionally settled and probably married. So by the time they retire in their 60s they are much relieved of their professional and family responsibilities needing money, time and personnel attention, with only one aspect to look after that is - their health, happiness and if they desire can look for a productive re-emloyment.
On the contrary in second situation person or couple is old, with failing health, with younger children who are looking for admissions in colleges for career building needing money also, retired or about to retire so need to look for financial earnings to fulfil their responsibilities. So even at this age of 60 plus, they have plenty to look after in addition to their health and finances.
The number of people in second situation are rising very fast, so to cope up with is situation we must live a life akin to the age of our counterpart in first situation. To do so they must keep themselves as healthy as somebody in first situation. For example, if one couple / person is 50 odd years with a kid aged 12 or 13 years or more then they must be as healthy as the person aged between 35 to 45 years so that they remain healthy enough to take their social / family responsibilities, post 60 employment, their own life and care comfortably. This would only be possible if they are healthy and remain disease free even in their old biological age.

GAUTAM BUDDHA has said-
A PERSON IS THE AUTHOR OF HIS / HER HEALTH AND DISEASE

If we live a healthy life style 90 percent of the times we can control whether we suffer from a disease (including abdominal cancers) or remain healthy and disease free.

SO FRIEND, ALTHOUGH OUR BIOLOGICAL AGE AND OUR POSITION IN LIFE IS MOSTLY BEYOND CONTROL, WE CAN HAVE A YOUNGER PHYSIOLOGICAL AGE IN ACCORDANCE TO OUR SOCIAL AGE AND BY DOING SO WE CAN IMPROVE UPON BOTH THE QUANTITY AND QUALITY OF LIFE WITH A GREAT S

© Copyright 2019 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960104-SOCIAL-AGE-AND-HEALTH