*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960155-SRI-BRAHMAJNA-MA
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#960155 added June 4, 2019 at 3:29am
Restrictions: None
SRI BRAHMAJNA MA
A disciple wrote to Her that he had been passing his days in a monotonous domestic life, having neither the courage to renounce these duties nor to take them up in right earnest and forget Her teaching. To him She replied:

"See and judge for yourself what you are doing in this wilderness of samsara, finding no pleasure in it:
Day by day the end is drawing near, what have you done to prepare for it?

You have read the Vedas and the Shastras and have heard about the Truth,
But your mind, illusioned by maya, is not yet awake and you have forgotten your own Self.
By your own mistake, you are playing the role of jiva and courting birth and death times without number.
Know for certain that you will surely die if you are born,
No one lives eternally.

So when there is yet time, be acquainted with your own Self and put an end to fear and death.
Day is ending, give up play, and by disclosing your own nature destroy the darkness.
There is no pleasure in desiring sense-objects; fame, position and wealth are all sapless.
Touch the real source of happiness and thereby destroying the monotony; drink the nectar of contentment, which is your Self.
There is an abode of Shanthi where you can have rest. March on and on—Now is the time.”

In reply to a devotee who said that the "I" is always eluding his grasp, Mother dictated the following song:

“Ascertain who you are –
Always you are speaking of yourseIf as ’I’, ’I’, ’I’.
Are you the five elements, including the akasha, or mind, intellect, body or the vital force?
What is your name, what is your form and where do you reside?
Tell me whether you are desire, anger, avarice or illusion;
Give me your acquaintance - are you purusha or prakriti, who is playing on the dramatic stage of maya?
It is yourself who is playing and creating other players, father, mother, and relations.
Always the insatiable fire of desire is burning, hope is not quenched by sprinkling on it the water of enjoyment, the fire of tritap is always ablaze.
You are pure, conscious, free and always exist; body, intellect, and ego are your illusory imaginations.
You are yourself Brahman by nature – see it by opening the eye of knowledge.


© Copyright 2019 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960155-SRI-BRAHMAJNA-MA