*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960291-See-the-USA-----in-a-Chevrolet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#960291 added June 6, 2019 at 1:55pm
Restrictions: None
See the U.S.A. ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... in a Chevrolet.
See the U.S.A. ...¯\_(ツ)_/¯... in a Chevrolet.

30DBC prompt: ... what is your favorite method of traveling, and why?

PART 1:

As a child we took the Chevy for a ride in the country. The '58 was a coral Biscayne sedan, the '60 a blue Brookwood station wagon (my mother's car... pedal to the metal!), the '62 a Biscayne sedan... again but blue, the '65 a maroon Impala sedan. The '68 Dodge Polara was my favorite though; it was silver. The only other cars my father owned during my lifetime were a brown '49 De Soto, a green '53 Oldmobile, a '73 maroon Chevy Impala and a silver '79 Honda. We had Chevrolets for most of 21 years.

According to my mother we needed a good working car for my dad to go to work. She budgeted for it. And it did get used. He car-pooled before it was called that. We went on trips, mostly to visit family.

On weekends I loved the autumn jaunts to the countryside but as a child the long distance roller-coaster highways through the hills made me car sick. I ate M&Ms. That helped. As a teenager we visited the Adirondacks, a totally different world and the farthest I ever got until I went to college in Kansas.

I didn't go back. I moved to a small Kansas farm town. My first car was a french-blue '60 Pontiac Catalina. I loved going down dirt roads! My second car, a '67 green-blue Plymouth Fury was the most reliable. I really liked my '94 white Miata though... top down.

I loved the open roads the best, finding different routes to take rather than just following the same highway. I loved the freedom.

Until 2004 when I was penniless... and that was the end of that.



I think this has a crisper picture:
https://www.aaaa.org/timeline-event/dinah-shore-sings-see-usa-chevrolet/

Peace, Kåre
6.juni.2019

102.554

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960291-See-the-USA-----in-a-Chevrolet