*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960819-Tired-----Tripping
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#960819 added June 15, 2019 at 12:58am
Restrictions: None
Tired ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... Tripping
Tired ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... Tripping

So... is the journey as important as the destination? Do I ever pay attention along the way?

Yes.

I remember landing in Lisbon in April 2015 after an eight hour flight from Dubai. I was a walking zombie. But:

1. The steward was interesting. A Moroccan who spoke at least five languages.
2. I took pictures of the arm of the Red Sea where Jordan, Egypt and Israel meet.
3. I went into automatic at the airport. I needed to find the metro.
4. I'd been in Lisbon before so I understood I needed a Viva Viagem card to enter. I also knew I needed to take the red line to São Sebastião and change to blue for Restauradores where I could take the Ascensor da Glória up the hillside.
5. My hostel was to the right at the top. The women at the desk, Aurelie, had also been there the previous time I had visited. I was exhausted. But... the journey was worth it.

And next time I'm in Lisbon I'll probably remember as well.

I've been in Gardemoen (Oslo) so many times... it's automatic.

I've been known to take photos inside the plane, outside the window, from above (Faeroe Islands! and coast of Greenland! and sunset over Guangzhou!). Airports? Singapore was beautiful. Seoul was beautiful. Train stations? São Bento in Porto is beautiful.

Of course there's ugly and inconvenient too, but no great need to mention them here. It might dissuade someone from traveling... and I wouldn't want that!

Tired isn't fun but sick is worse. Been there as well. Vomiting somewhere over Honduras. Sitting with my back to the toilet on the train in Estonia. Good times.

I guess the answer is being "present" at all times. No matter how you feel.
102.651

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/960819-Tired-----Tripping