*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961972-Food-For-Thought
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#961972 added July 3, 2019 at 9:06am
Restrictions: None
Food For Thought
What is your go-to dish to bring to a potluck? Does your family have any traditional recipes? (In Hawaii, these appetizers are called “pupus”

spring butterflys
Quote:Eating good food is, to me, one of life's greatest joys, and I will never punish myself for it. Miriam Shor
Read more at:{link: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/food}

POT LUCK


I have not been to a pot luck for a long time. The last time I went to any gathering it was to a pig roast a neighbor gave.

My daughter and I whipped up a large pan of goulash by a special recipe out of a Mexican cook book? It turned out pretty yummy. There were a lot of people there and the pan was empty when we took it home. I haven't seen that recipe for a long time I wonder if I still have it?

When we were still attending church as a family, I took different foods. Sometimes cakes or other types of casserole dishes.

Thanksgiving when my children were young was always at K's mother's house. I found a recipe for green beans made with mushrooms. That dish was a hit. I'm surprised how much better green beans taste if they are cooked with equal parts of mushrooms. Fresh green beans sliced into a fry pan with a pat of butter and some olive oil, add equal amounts of mushrooms and fry until green beans are slightly softer. (mushrooms are good for cholesterol)

How about a bowl of cooked brown rice- spread with fresh crushed tomatoes and feta cheese chunks. Yummy!

Food in any amount should be inspirational. A doctor once told me the meat and potatoes staple this country was fed as children is not a good diet. One of the things I always looked forward to in the summer was my own fresh grown lettuce from the garden.

What do you think of fewer calories and more taste? I don't like to cook. I do like to eat. When I was young I did not like to eat. That was better.

walk it off. Walk it off. Walk It off. Walk It Off. WALK IT OFF.




© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961972-Food-For-Thought