*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962714-July-16-2019
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#962714 added July 16, 2019 at 9:54am
Restrictions: None
July 16, 2019
"July 16, 2019 Me in my Salvation Army uniformImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: "The pen is the tongue of the mind" Miguel de Cervantes Saaverda
What do you think? Do you use something besides a pen to compose your writing?"

It's been quite a while since I last attempted a blog. I was working full time on a very temporary job that lasted a month. So I left the house at 5:30AM, caught the bus to work, and made it home at 5:30PM. Not much time to blog or write anything. I am working toward a bachelors degree at Marshall University. Although the job I was doing had nothing to do with my education, it was an internship position to acquire the hours of on-the-job training needed to take my certification tests. I want to certify as a peer recovery coach/peer support specialist. The job I had gave 150 of my needed hours.

This is an interesting prompt. I believe we all have different writing styles. I took a class on creative writing and it was one of the hardest classes I ever took because the instructor had a different approach than I typically use. To follow the instructor's approach I had to make an outline and then write a story precisely following the outline. I had no flexibility that way and although there were a thousand different directions I wanted to take the story I had to follow the outline. The story was okay, but could have been much better. Therefore I prefer to let my pen be my tongue, as Miguel said.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill Awards Signature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2019 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962714-July-16-2019