*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971715-Will-it-take-the-drying-of-spilt-blood-to-glue-us-together
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#971715 added December 19, 2019 at 3:34pm
Restrictions: None
Will it take the drying of spilt blood to glue us together?
Will it take the drying of spilt blood to glue us together?
19.desember.2019

On facebook a friend of a friend, Donn Lassila, wrote: "This is how our republic unravels......Will likely take the drying of spilt blood to glue it back together."

I felt this was a very strong and poetic image. I'll have to use it in a poem or flash fiction. It's worthy.

Yesterday the Impeachment proceeding and the subsequent hullabaloo shows how deeply divided we as a nation approach those we see fit to govern.

The political allegations against Trump pale in comparison to those made by regular people:

1. He lies.
2. He shows no compassion.
3. He despises women in power. Can you spell misogynist?
4. He attacks and demeans with impunity and without apology.
5. He only cares about himself and his family dynasty and no one else.

His supporters look at it differently.

Some are cynical: everyone is a crook.
Some are just as mean. He isn't the only bully.
Some believe he was chosen by God. Some believe he is the means to their end.
Some believe he is the Great White Hope, fearful of anyone who doesn't fit their 'norm'.
Some believe in quid-pro-quo, the survival of the fittest (or righteous), a zero-sum, winners versus losers, a Ayn Rand scenario.

Is this merely a chapter in The GOP Shrugged?

Some folks just love a show. Some in opposition and some in support just hate. Some just want to see it all burn down.

Personally, I'm not entertained by this 3 year episode of "The White House in Flames."
608

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971715-Will-it-take-the-drying-of-spilt-blood-to-glue-us-together