*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972007-Fate-and-Death
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#972007 added December 25, 2019 at 4:46am
Restrictions: None
Fate and Death


Q-Is the hour of Death fixed beforehand?

Ma-In the realm in which the laws of nature function it is fixed and cannot be averted. But by the Will or Grace of One who has gone beyond those laws, it may be altered. As a rule, fate will have its way; somehow or other it will work itself out.

To illustrate this fact, Ma related a story which She often tells....

“Once upon a time there was a learned Brahmin. One night, while he and his family were asleep, a poisonous snake entered the house and stung his wife, son and daughter. Within a few moments all of them were dead. The Brahmin naturally felt sorely grieved and dejected. What to do now? He watched the snake crawl away and leave the house. In his despair he ran behind the reptile. After following it for some distance, he saw the snake change into two fighting bulls. After they had killed each other, a beautiful young girl emerged on the spot. Two men started quarrelling over the lovely lady, a fight ensued and they stabbed each other to death, while the young beauty went on her way. Deeply pained and puzzled the Brahmin kept close to her heels. Finally she turned round and said”Why do you follow me? Leave me alone!” Not until you explain to me who you are. First you were a snake and your poisonous fangs blotted out my whole family. Then you turned into two fighting bulls that perished; and now taking on the shape of a charming girl you have caused the death of two men. Tell me who you are!” The young woman tried to escape, but the Brahmin would not let her go. “First disclose your identity, then you may go where you please.” At long last he got the reply: “I am destiny. I do not kill anyone. But man by the results of his own actions causes his own death in some manner or other.” “If this is so,” said the Brahmin, “tell me how I shall die! “By drowning.” With these words the woman disappeared.

© Copyright 2019 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972007-Fate-and-Death