*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972436-Is-the-best-yet-to-come
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#972436 added January 2, 2020 at 12:16am
Restrictions: None
Is the best yet to come?


My husband’s Mother died a year ago aged 97, and I was thinking of all the inventions she saw throughout her life. She went along happily keeping up with all the new technologies, loving her computer and mobile phone, learned to text message and email etc. Imagine the inventions there have been since she was born nearly a hundred years ago. Yet when I think of it, even since 1944 when I was born the world is completely different and yet it happens so incrementally we hardly notice, it creeps up on us, we accept it. Yes we’re amazed when new medicines are invented or a vaccine to prevent deadly illnesses becomes available and then we view it as a right not a privilege.
Every day it seems new inroads are made into cures or treatments. People are living longer, the medical profession are keeping us alive longer, not necessarily for the better sometimes.
The inventions I see happening within the next ten years are mostly medically related. Dementia is on everyone’s radar and will be the next to be cured I think. Cancer is no longer a death sentence and early diagnosis is the key.
I read the other day I could clone my dog! Now that IS something.

Frog in a Hanging Basket

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972436-Is-the-best-yet-to-come