*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972469-Wouldnt-it-be-nice-if
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#972469 added January 2, 2020 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
Wouldn't it be nice if...
2030 sounds so futuristic, but it’s only ten years away! What do you think the world will be like ten years from now? What inventions do you think we will have by then? What are some changes you think will happen in the world in the next ten years?

2030 sounds so distant. I'm not sure I'll make it there, but if I do I will be 85. Right now 2020 sounds perfect, doesn't it. Like 2020 vision.

I can think of things I would like to have in 2030, especially a robot to do things for me that I can't do for myself. Of course, I hope I don't need that but just in case it would be nice to know they existed and were affordable for personal use. Depending on the robot's capabilities, nursing homes might become a thing of the past. Wouldn't that be great! It would allow seniors to remain in their homes until the end, then the robot could call the funeral home when the time came. No need for doctors (except for programming) or hospitals at the end of life, but I guess the drug companies would continue to prosper.

Hopefully, my brain will continue to function normally but if not, a cure for Alzheimer's would be nice, extra nice if it was quick and painless like a pill that you could take. And suppose you could look at your brain on a computer screen, delete things you didn't want to remember anymore and highlight those you do. I'd like to delete my potato chip craving and my fear of heights.

And pets and loved ones, wouldn't it be great if your pet and spouse lived exactly as long you do, all expiring at the same time, and even better if we could be disease free until the very end.

I don't expect any of these things to come to pass in my lifetime but someday, maybe. Nah, I'm just dreaming.

© Copyright 2020 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972469-Wouldnt-it-be-nice-if