*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972794-Two-things-come-to-mind
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#972794 added January 6, 2020 at 11:51am
Restrictions: None
Two things come to mind...
Write about something that makes you squeamish. What is icky, gross, or just plain “yuck!” Is there anything that makes other people shiver with disgust that doesn’t bother you?


There's not much that makes me squeamish anymore. I guess when you have to do most things for yourself, the squeamish barometer gets tamped down. I do still feel that familiar drop in my stomach when I encounter a Cuban tree frog inside my home. If you're not familiar with them, check this out.

I know it says south Florida, but, yes, they are in north central Florida, too.

Books don't usually make me squeamish, but Upton Sinclair's The Jungle led to my becoming a vegetarian. Some of his descriptions are blood curdling and I'm not meaning that as a pun. I had a hard time getting through the book, and it changed my life forever.

© Copyright 2020 Happy May 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy May 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972794-Two-things-come-to-mind