*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973131-We-shall-overcome
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#973131 added January 11, 2020 at 2:56am
Restrictions: None
We shall overcome
President Obama, you could not be any more missed than you are at this moment in our country. That we have the beautiful memory of a president whose words always made us calm, who gave respect to everyone, friend or foe, who always called in and listened to the best advisors he could find, and most of all who tried to bring us together for the health and security of our country, keeps us going now. We remember you as always tending the garden of humanity, urging us to grow in compassion and in further knowledge. You lifted us up in our humanity. You brought us dignity of spirit. Your memory gives us an immense contrast between nurturing and nihilism. To have such a memory is to know we are capable of so much more as a country that the utter chaos we see today. "Truth crushed to earth" said Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., "will rise again". We can already feel the heart of truth opening again here. And we thank you for your example that has kept us going forward in spirit. "We shall overcome."


© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973131-We-shall-overcome