*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973981-Oh-The-Places-I-Would-Go
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#973981 added January 22, 2020 at 10:02pm
Restrictions: None
Oh The Places I Would Go
30 Day Blogging Challenge

PROMPT January 22nd
Your bags are packed. You have unlimited funds and resources to travel anywhere you want. Where do you go, who do you bring with you, and why?


I would go to Paris. I would take my friend Caroline with me as she is a great one to bolster my confidence and encourage me to go for it. We would start with the Paris Writer's Conference - one we would both love to attend. Her ability to speak French would be a huge asset, as my French is minimal at best. Liz would come along as well, because she would probably enjoy the experience.

We would start with the Paris Writer's Retreat from May 25 to 29, 2020.

Mornings we would explore the city, making sure to return to get breakfast before beginning our workshops for the day.

We would take a week in London for the Big Idea Bootcamp. We would go in June.
https://linedegner.squarespace.com/writing-workshops

Then we would return to Paris for a intensive 4 week Writing Workshop in July. We would get to stay in a small apartment assigned to us by the Paris American Academy Office. A place not far from the school.

Liz and I would take the Fiction and Poetry workshops, while Caroline would focus on the Creative Non-Fiction workshops. This would allow us to focus our interests, but also share information from a wider range of information sources. Liz and I would be taking the optional French Classes, Caroline wouldn't have to. She'd probably write.

The weekends would be ours to travel and write.

I would make sure to get to the Shakespeare and Co. bookshop. I would have to buy something from there and spend hours savouring the shop itself. I would also like to walk the street of the expats and sit in cafes writing and soaking up the atmosphere.

In August I would love to travel to Scotland. Edinburgh has a month long International Book Festival.
https://www.edbookfest.co.uk/

I'd also love to take some classes at Moniack Mhor. It is a creative writing center. I would be inclined to attend one of the writer's retreats in March.
https://www.moniackmhor.org.uk/

I would follow my nose. With the ladies, we would also move on to explore Poland and even go to see my aunt and uncle in Italy. It would be a follow our noses kind of trip.

After all the workshops I might be happy to just find a quiet place to just be inspired to write. Moving on when the feeling to move on pushed me onward.

© Copyright 2020 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973981-Oh-The-Places-I-Would-Go