*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974095-January-24-2020--Just-a-note
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2206515
BiMonthly blog challenge accepted with an occasional jaunt to the Banana Bar Challenge.
#974095 added January 28, 2020 at 4:47pm
Restrictions: None
January 24, 2020 Just a note
PROMPT January 24


In the early 70s, before I opened my own Agency, I worked in an office with two agents and their staff and I earned the nickname, Radar. They called me that, I'm sure because of the TV show Mash, and my ability to hone in on the source of a problem, remember detailed conversations and anticipate clients' needs. Now that I am much older, the remembering part, has suffered greatly. Thankfully I keep a phone log in which I scribble notes, ideas etc so I have something to refer back to. My handwriting has suffered over the years, but those handwritten notes save me daily. I work on the computer all day long, but not in places I can add side notes etc. My staff also keep phone logs and sometimes when one is out, we need to refer to someone's notes. You could place the phone logs side by side and see from the handwriting who was the one speaking to the client.

I have note pads and pencils on my desk at home, next to my bed and the side table where I sit in the evening to read or watch TV. I'm always grabbing one and writing down something. It is easier than typing it into my phone. I do keep my grocery list and other To Do lists in my phone but ideas for writing a poem, or something to check on, or a quote whatever, I write it onto a page first and anyone reading one of the notes, will instantly know who wrote it. My handwriting is distinctive.

That is what is being lost with the newer generation. Handwriting is an art, unique and personal. I'm sure this note left on a fridge, was originally handwritten.

This is Just to Say

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold
~~William Carlos Williams,

''This Is Just to Say'' from The Collected Poems: Volume I, 1909-1939



© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974095-January-24-2020--Just-a-note