*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974894-Another-one-bites-the-dust
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#974894 added February 5, 2020 at 2:15am
Restrictions: None
Another one bites the dust!

I really hope I can keep up with this. I missed this place, the people, the activities, but I'm already behind. It's complete insanity to participate in stuff, dedicate time, and run activities on a child's time, but here I am anyway. I've got to try at least.

Day 1 of the Soundtrackers challenge:


Beyonce ~ All the single ladies


Not my personal choice. This was definitely Daisy's first choice. At three months old, she was already a bouncy kid, never resting, always wanting to do something, while barely being able to keep her head up. So, I put her in a bouncer and it seemed like love at first sight. It took her a few days but she went from just sitting there to using her legs quite steadily and now, she's a pro in it. So much so that she outgrew the one she had and I ended up buying a new one, while giving her cousin her old one. Her personal preference seems to be the old bouncer but there's nothing I can do.

When it came to naps and bedtime, I refused to put her in my arms unless really necessary. The bouncer helped. What helped even more was YouTube music on the TV. While we listen to a variety of songs now, her first love was Beyonce's song, All the single ladies. I remember a video of a little boy dancing to it years ago and I thought I'd play it for her just to see her reaction. She loved it! Smiled at the girls, bounced away and my nap and bedtimes were set because she'd bounce herself to sleep. That was then. *Laugh* She's learning too quickly for her own good.

That is definitely the song that started her love of music and in the months since, we've outgrown Beyonce but she'll still listen to it once in a while.

© Copyright 2020 Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974894-Another-one-bites-the-dust