*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974985-Who-are-you-when-Im-not-looking
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #2027294
Created for the Soundtrackers Challenges
#974985 added February 6, 2020 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
Who are you when I'm not looking?




Blake Shelton ~ Who are you when I'm not looking?



Ever get tired of people telling you what you should and shouldn't do? *Think* Friends, family? I don't know why people don't know how to mind their own damn business. My body, my decision. My house, my problem. My life to choose as I please. Sometimes, certain things, certain words, and I'm not exactly ready to put up my fists to fight, but I slowly back up, because let's face it, I'm not good at being subtle. I blow up like a bomb and I'd rather avoid that sort of unnecessary confrontation.

This song by Blake is what calms me down. It also makes me think of things in reverse. Do people really care who you truly are? We all share with people what we want to share, what we wish them to see, but that doesn't mean it's the whole package. I don't know how many people have called me a bitch ever since I learned to stand up for myself. How many people think I'm stuck up because I refuse to talk or deal with just anyone. It doesn't make me a bad person to make my own choices and keep a distance from those I don't trust. Most days I'm okay with the name stuck up bitch. Because, maybe I am. Maybe you just see me that way because you don't care enough to look behind the curtain.

My actions are only 1/4 of who I really am when around people. I don't like shallow people. I love deep conversations about things unexplained. My love of books goes deeper than reading the next best seller. I'll always fight for a person who doesn't know how to stand up for themselves. If you can't or don't know how to protect yourself, I'll do it for you. My love of animals has been embedded in my heart since I can remember but I'll always think that a human life is more important than an animals. That doesn't mean I'll stand up for animal abuse. I'd rather adopt from a shelter or a broken home than pay thousands of dollars to have that purebred animal.

I'll give you the world if you're the person that understands me, the clothes off my back to keep you warm. Just don't cross me. I don't believe in promises. I know that people have more on their mind than they actually admit. A broken soul will shine brighter than the one who pretends and acts as if they're better than the rest. No one is better than you. Life is a mess and no one is perfect. I won't hold your personal shit against you. Our opinions may differ but that doesn't mean I won't like you because of it. We're not all the same. I can tolerate a lot of shit but when I draw the line, you cannot erase that permanent marker.

When something is broken, it'll never be fixed to its original state. You cannot shape a person into what you think they should be according to you. Learn to mind your own business. Not every problem is meant for you to be fixed. You can look into a person's eyes and see their soul. We choose to believe that people are good. You can fall in love in the space of 24 hours. Even decide if that person is the right one for you for the rest of your life.

I don't hide who I am. I'm just a whole lot more than what you see...

© Copyright 2020 Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm (UN: geja8856 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaby ~ Keeper Of The Realm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974985-Who-are-you-when-Im-not-looking