*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976651-A-1-Follow-the-White-Rabbit
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2214507
A collection of my writings and activities for the 2020 edition of Wonderland.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#976651 added March 1, 2020 at 12:59am
Restrictions: None
A-1: Follow the White Rabbit

WONDERLAND
A. "Down the Rabbit Hole" | 1. "Follow the White Rabbit"


Prompt

Basically, anytime someone promises a multi-step, multi-genre, out of the box-type writing experience, I'm 1000% in. I love activities that challenge me to get outside my comfort zone, stretch me as a writer, and give me an opportunity to try new things. Activities like this on Writing.com have met with varying degrees of success before, but iKïyå§ama is a veteran contest organizer and I completely trust her to come up with something that's both demanding and rewarding. And in looking at all of the components to "Wonderland which have now been posted, it's definitely going to be at least the first of those two things! *Bigsmile*

This activity also comes at an ideal time for me because I've really struggled with getting back into the writing habit. While my lack of writing productivity dates back to well before 2019, last year was a particular low point in terms of my writing. I could blame the three jobs, or the sudden addition of two foster kids, and myriad other factors, but that doesn't change the fact that no significant writing was done, and I'm now painfully out of practice. I've decided that 2020 is going to be the year I give self-publishing a legitimate shot (and "research" like listening to podcasts and reading nonfiction books about the industry no longer count), and in order to do that, I have to regain confidence in my abilities as a writer.

if I'm being really honest with myself, I'm also bothered by my lack of participation here on Writing.com as well. See above for my go-to excuses as to why, but again the fact remains that I'm just not a present on this site as I used to be. Sure, I run the official writing contest every month, and run or participate in a handful of activities here and there throughout the year, but I really miss the days of being plugged into the site, of keeping in touch with old friends and getting to know talented newbies. I keep meaning to find a way back into the day-to-day goings on here, but haven't quite found a way to make that click into place yet.

Enter "Wonderland, promising a variety of challenges designed to get me to think and work outside my comfort zone. It's the kind of endurance challenge that will force me to write regularly if I'm to have any hope of success, and - in looking over the posted challenges - also seems to have a community component to it as well. Honestly, if this doesn't get me back into the writing (and Writing.com) habit, I don't know what will.

----------
445 words

© Copyright 2020 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976651-A-1-Follow-the-White-Rabbit