*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977015-Winnipeg-Manitoba
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#977015 added March 3, 2020 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Locale: Winnipeg, Manitoba


         This week finds me in Winnipeg, Manitoba for a class with the Government of Manitoba.  It was a little bit of a challenge for a couple of reasons.  First, the students had very little background in Networking.  Y'know, the kind of networking that allows computers to communicate with each other, not networking to gain followers or find someone to follow.  Secondly, my health had continued to deteriorate.  Don't get me wrong, I was okay really, but my cough was getting out of hand at times.

         My initial impression of Winnipeg is one of COLD!  There was this white stuff on the ground, well it had been white at one time.  *Snow4* *Snow3* *Snow5* *Snow2* *Snow1*  I think the lowest temperature I saw while there was about -5 degrees Fahrenheit.  A bit colder than I'm used to, even living here in Central Illinois.  But, as a result of being in Winnipeg, I've now been in every southern province in Canada!

         While I was there, an e-mail was sent from Corporate Travel about travel to China, Japan, and other areas hit hard by the CoronaVirus.  Travel had to be approved by a Corporate VP before we are allowed to travel.  The VP approved it, but left it up to us as to whether we wanted to travel or not.  It really hurt me to inform my manager that I didn't feel I should go.  I wasn't so concerned about the virus, I figure I can get it here, or there.  My biggest fear was that someone would hear me coughing, and I'd end up in quarantine.  Then came Saturday, and all doubts about going to Japan were erased.  I passed out 3 times in less than 2 hours, one time while sitting on the toilet (No, I hadn't gone yet, so no mess) (TMI, I know), but broke the toilet seat doing so!  This convinced me I needed to see a doctor then, and not wait until my scheduled appointment Monday.  While he was listening to my lungs, I had to breathe deep.  This caused me to cough, and it built quickly.  Next thing I knew, my legs were being held in the air while he lowered me gently to the now reclining examination bench.  He asked me "Are you okay?"  I said I was, but apparently that was the 4th or 5th time he'd asked that question.  The odd thing?  While I was out, I was dreaming.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Sushi Cushi          http://sushicushi.ca/menu/  I went there with the Project Manager and the System Manager for the Government of Manitoba Radio System.  We ordered enough food for 5 or 6 people, not three!  But, it was excellent, all of it.  Yummmmm

In Closing


         I will spend the next three weeks at home.  My manager has said no travel, no work, no teaching during this time, I'm to relax and get healthier.  I have done a couple of things for work, they have to be done before my next classes!  But I am resting and napping all I can.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2020 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977015-Winnipeg-Manitoba