*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977372-Make-me-wiser
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#977372 added March 7, 2020 at 12:05am
Restrictions: None
Make me wiser
I suppose wisdom means you’ve been around for a while, although just being old doesn’t make one wise. Some people never get any wiser and keep making the same mistakes over again.
I think wisdom is knowing when to keep your own counsel, to not give advice unless it’s asked for and to realise that whatever is happening right now, that this too shall pass.


Wisdom from the Dalai Lama

The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self.

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.

We need to learn to want what we have, not to have what we want, in order to get stable and steady happiness.

It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.

Compassion is the radicalism of our time.

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.

Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay.

It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view.

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.

The world doesn’t belong to leaders. The world belongs to all.

A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.

Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.

The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your action will be.

Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.

Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.


© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977372-Make-me-wiser