*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977576-I-cant-wait
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#977576 added March 9, 2020 at 1:09am
Restrictions: None
I can’t wait!
My earliest clear memories are from around the ages of four. At that age even life itself is exciting.
Christmas of course has to be one of those times when time seemed to stand still. It always seemed so far away. Going down stairs before anyone else was awake just to check that Santa had actually been, then racing back up to waken my brothers. That was so exciting.
Another time was when my Grandfather came to take us to see ‘The Greatest Show on Earth’
I just couldn’t imagine such a thing! What could it possibly be? My imagination ran riot but was sure it had to be something beyond imagination.
I was destined to be disappointed when I found out it was a just a movie of that title.
It obviously was a great movie starring Charlton Heston and James Stewart directed by Cecil B DeMille but I couldn’t help but be disappointed.
Of course there have been many times since when I’ve felt excited but there’s nothing that can match that childlike bursting with excitement feeling.

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977576-I-cant-wait