*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977794-March-11-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#977794 added March 11, 2020 at 4:49pm
Restrictions: None
March 11, 2020
"March 11, 2020 The Original Logo.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

The Original Logo. Prompt: "Do you consider yourself a patient person? How easy or difficult is it for you to wait for something? Does a delayed reward feel more or less satisfying than an immediate reward?"

There was a time when I was anything except a patient person. I was angry and very pushy much of the time. I wanted what I wanted when I wanted it. Then I entered a twelve step program and eventually became a Christian. One of the things the twelve step program does is help you become aware of your shortcomings and become willing to have them removed. One of my major shortcomings was impatience. I began to pray for patience, even though I knew it meant I would face all sorts of trials. After that I went through several surgeries, including open heart surgery. I had a triple bypass. I had to be patient with myself as I recovered and be patient with others. All in all it took me about three years of every kind of trial under the sun but I am much more patient as a result. One prayer God will answer is when we pray for some type of self-improvement.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsPrompt: "Write a headline you’d love to read in tomorrow’s newspaper."

Blog City image small Ditto

I don't even have to think about that. I'd love to wake up and read "Jesus has returned".

My Bible tells me that when He does return there will be no doubt about it. Every eye will see Him. I have been praying for the return of Jesus and I know it is going to happen eventually. I just hope everybody is ready when that occurs, but I know many will not be. It will be there loss I guess. I would not want to be in their place. I thank God that I know I am ready for the Master's return. He will find me busy doing my best to do His will.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977794-March-11-2020