*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977958-Windfall
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#977958 added March 13, 2020 at 5:01am
Restrictions: None
Windfall
Ahh money, now there’s a great topic.

I was having a conversation with my daughter last night about money. Our government, in an attempt to stimulate the economy after the terrible effects of this virus, and to a lesser extent the terrible fires we have experienced this year, has given certain groups of people $750 each. They are hoping by giving it to the people who are on government benefits and pensioners they will spend it and not save it. Thereby they hope to keep businesses going in these hard economic times.
We, my husband and I will get this money as we are on an age pension. A lot of people have not taken this news well and feel aggrieved they weren’t included. Money seems to bring the worst out in people.
Now then, what shall I buy with my windfall?

I’ve always been good with money, I always have worried if I didn’t have enough for a rainy day. There have been lots of those in my life.
It seems as if we may make a big financial loss though this year as we had a big holiday planned in the UK and Singapore in May. No refund available for our $3000 holiday in Singapore and I’m still not sure about airfare cancellation policy if we decide to not go because of the virus threat.
We are in the vulnerable age bracket and the medication I take makes me immunosuppressed. I’m thinking we just take it on the chin and not go even if we do lose out.

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977958-Windfall