*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978377-Day16--I-love-games-shows
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #2214585
Finally! I've got something to write about besides my self-pity!
#978377 added March 17, 2020 at 4:09pm
Restrictions: None
Day16- I love games shows
If you had the opportunity to compete on a television game show, which would you pick? If you won, what would you do with your winnings?

Oh wow, so many game shows so little time, but I think if I had to choose one it would be wheel of fortune. I love that show, but we never think to watch it (we don't watch network tv in general). It just happened to be on the other day and I had the pleasure of introducing my kids to it, they loved it too.

I've always liked game shows for two reasons:

1) I like the feeling you get (or most people get, I'm assuming) when you're cheering someone on. I like the vicarious joy of watching someone win, and sometimes even the vicarious sorrow when someone isn't. I like to think their lives will go on and they'll be hometown celebrities for being on a game show.

2) It's rare to find something to watch that's wholesome and entertaining anymore, that isn't nature shows or PBS, that is. Maybe it's just the majority of shows I watch, I do tend to gravitate to stuff that ain't necessarily suitable for kids.

I have a theory that it's for this reason my children are really good at putting adult content into perspective. Their momma's got a terrible potty mouth, yet they manage to stay respectful and squeaky clean. We've never censored what they read or what they listen to as long as it has a worthwhile story to tell that contributes to their character or world view- we've always told them that exposure to art is essential for the human soul as long as it isn't stupid and pointless. (hence, "I did it all for the nookie" by Limp Bizkit is banned in our house *Laugh*)

As for my winnings, I'm not sure. The only problem with winning a bunch of money on a game show is you can't remain anonymous, I'd be nervous about all the people coming out of the woodwork. I'd definitely take my kids on a world tour if we had enough, they really want to see the world...


-TPB

© Copyright 2020 trailerpark bodhisattva (UN: lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
trailerpark bodhisattva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978377-Day16--I-love-games-shows