*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978683-Is-it-so-bad
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#978683 added March 21, 2020 at 3:03am
Restrictions: None
Is it so bad?

I have a very wise friend, she is a really good listener. When an event, maybe a bad situation, has happened, I would say “isn’t that sad or terrible” or something like that. Her reply would always be “Well, we’ll see” or “Maybe.” I asked her why she was so calm about things and she told me this story:


There was an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbours came to visit. “Such bad luck,” they said sympathetically.“Maybe,” the farmer replied.
The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How wonderful,” The neighbours exclaimed. “Maybe,” replied the old man.
The following day, his son tried to ride on of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbours again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. “Maybe,” answered the farmer.
The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son’s leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbours congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out. “Maybe,” said the farmer….

And so it goes on and on. It will be the same with this virus, it will bring both good and bad to the world.

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978683-Is-it-so-bad