*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978759-Breaking-Bad
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#978759 added March 21, 2020 at 7:42pm
Restrictions: None
Breaking Bad
PROMPT March 21st

Write about good things that can come out of a bad situation. If you have an example from personal experience, please share!
         
         
         
         
         
         Some may argue that veggies are a bad thing. Others may dislike eggs. When you combine both of these food stuffs with a few extra ingredients you create a fantastic, delicious treat known as a cake. It's all about the perspective. Didn't someone once say you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette? Sigh, there's been far too much on the news recently about the bad. COVID-19 has not always brought out the best in humanity.
         Today, I read a story about two seventeen-year old boys in England creating and distributing care packages for their neighbours who might not be in a position to go out shopping, or may not have extra disposable income to stock up on items. The boys show true altruistic ingenuity. They identified a need and they addressed it. Into each brown paper bag, they add tea, a roll of toilet paper, and a few treats. They demonstrate the good in this crisis. As they deliver the care packages they also offer to help in any way needed.
         In the area where I live, people have initiated an online support group where services may be proffered and coping tips shared. Many mothers of infants are coordinating the distribution of available formula, diapers, and sanitary wipes. Some keep up to date with the re-stocking of the stores and direct shoppers to where they may find more bread, milk, and more. Offers pour in to shop for seniors. Even recipes are shared.
         On Facebook there are myriad posts with tips for indoor activities for children. Some point to the learning and educational sites available. A few posters share funny memes and jokes to uplift our spirits. Humour is a great coping mechanism. Several Facebookers share posts thanking the frontline workers. Tributes to doctors, nurses, truckers, and retail workers keep up the flow of positivity. It all adds up to an out pouring of kindness and caring.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978759-Breaking-Bad