*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978861-Oh-Dear-Me
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#978861 added March 22, 2020 at 8:03pm
Restrictions: None
Oh, Dear Me
PROMPT March 22nd

Write a letter to your younger self. Tell them about something or someone they should be wary of as they move through life and about a specific event they should look forward to.
         
         
         
         Dear Me, Haha, this sounds like something I mumble over and over when something terrible has happened and I can't find the words to express myself. Oh , dear me... Ridiculously, I did this in the aftermath of a collision with a deer. Yes, a deer. Why this combination of words? They are so banal.
          Dear Younger Self, There that's better. Hmmm, who or what should I warn you about? Life has been great so far with highs and lows, but mostly highs. I'm not the worst for any of it. I'm not a complainer, or a 'regretter'. I cherish my relationships, the closeness, and the laughter. Always remember to laugh, humour is everywhere.
         Well, perhaps there is something that I ought to prepare you for, something that may have been better handled. Your knees are gonna fail you, give up, cause many accidents and injuries, and cause you no end of grief. Please be more proactive seeking treatments and solutions. Push for answers. Try the physiotherapy in your youth and stick with it. Campaign for timely medical intervention. Too many times, you've sat on the sidelines. Too many times, you've limited your activities. Believe me, constant pain is not a companion you seek.
         Now, the good news is that those troublesome knees didn't prevent you from becoming a mother, three times, and a grandmother, also three times. These births will be the highlights of your life. You will rediscover awe and wonder. These family members will bring so much love and joy into your existence. As a bonus, they will provide you with an unending supply of writing material.
         This is important! Never stop writing. You will discover stories all around you. I recommend people-watching for inspiration.
         Hugs, Sandy B.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978861-Oh-Dear-Me