*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979282-People-spend-too-much-time--when-they-could-be-
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#979282 added March 26, 2020 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
People spend too much time __ when they could be ___.
30 Day Blogging Challenge

PROMPT March 26th
Fill in the blanks in this sentence and expand on it in your entry:
I think people spend too much time ________ when they could be _________.

I think people spend too much time criticizing others when they could be focusing on how they could be making things better in their little corner of the world.

If the criticism is not helpful and is tainted with venom it has no place being sent out there. We are all doing the best we can and criticizing behind some unknown screen name is just mean. People who do that have too much time on their hands.

I watched the Women Tell All Show of the Bachelor recently... it is not my usual TV choice, but I occasionally let myself get drawn in to the drama. The host, Chris Harris (yes, I know his name) brought out a past bachelorette to talk about the hate emails all of the contestants receive. The comments were brutal and hateful. Some even told the girls to kill themselves. The ethnic slurs were also cruel. It is hard to believe people could be so awful.

Would they say these things if they were face to face with the person? I doubt it. And even if they had the gall to do so, they really don't know the person that they are trashing. We see only what the TV producer let's us see and we are not living their experience.

I will admit. I have bachelorettes I cheer for and ones I don't like, but I would never air my thoughts out beyond my living area. And I know it is reality TV. The producers can manipulate the footage they get and twist it however they want to make the drama more dynamic. They are paid to do that.

I feel for all of the people doing a show like that, but they did sign up for it... but if I don't like it, then I don't watch it. That simple.

So that said, I should really be adding some more positivity into the world by making things better in my corner of the world. I prefer to cheer my friends and learn from them and with them as I navigate this new aspect of our socially isolated world.

© Copyright 2020 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979282-People-spend-too-much-time--when-they-could-be-