*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979400-Be-the-answer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#979400 added March 28, 2020 at 8:50am
Restrictions: None
Be the answer
Isolation, the state of being in a place or situation that is separate from others, and the reality of our daily lives at the moment. It is a lonely state in which to find oneself. The freedoms that we once took for granted have become our future goals Picnics in the park, laughter with our friends, concerts that fill the night air with gentle song, and shopping in the local markets with kids in tow are just a few of the absent pastimes. Congregating in church with our faith family and sending my child off to school with a light and hurried breakfast in his belly are the things I miss the most. I have faith that life will return at the scurrying pace I once knew, but I think the kindness of others and the unity of spirit will linger. Maybe, just maybe, that is the message of our days of quarantine. The good Lord has granted us the the gift to smell the beautiful scent of our roses. Use the time wisely! Isolation is a state of mind more than physicality. Mail the cards to loved ones, wave at the neighbors that pass by, skype with friends, write letters again, walk the dog, and give many virtual hugs to the elderly. Refuse to withdraw into your isolation, but live and be present in the moment of someone else's need. There are so many things to learn about one another in this frozen moment of time. Be the answer to the question of how to improve society.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979400-Be-the-answer