*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980135-Dont-Strain-Your-Quarantined-Eyes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#980135 added April 3, 2020 at 3:52pm
Restrictions: None
Don't Strain Your Quarantined Eyes
California just announced an extension of the self-isolation through May 1/April 30. With all this newfound time spent at home, TV time is also skyrocketing. What TV/movies do you recommend for us to watch, on which platforms, and why?

         I choose not to pay for cable or satellite service. I find them expensive with most of the channels spewing out the same or similar programming. I've never been a fan of daytime t.v., sports, or game shows. I have no control over the content and timing of movies and serial episodes.
         Since I already pay for my internet subscription, I opted to pay a bit more for Netflix access. With this I can watch what I want when I want. If I'm in the mood and enjoying what I'm viewing, I may binge watch. I like the variety available. I have a library of t.v. series, documentaries, and movies to entice me. I also have international options.
         My tastes wander all over the map. I love murder mysteries and comedy, but I also enjoy the action/thriller genre, true crime, and history. When hubby graces me with his presence, we view romances and chick flicks, or series about vehicles: restoring them, creating them, racing them, smashing them, discovering collector cars, and more.
         I do NOT recommend viewing the documentary The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez.' It's best described as heart-wrenching. This is an indictment of Los Angeles and the Department of Family and Children's Services. I felt horrified and angry that child abuse not only exists, but is accepted as inevitable by many of those 'working' in the field. The system is fraught with problems.
         For guaranteed laughs, I suggest watching 'Nailed It!'. The efforts of people to recreate the decoration of cakes is hilarious.
         If you wish to me amazed by the raw artistic talent of body painters, may I direct you to 'Inked.' Given themes and time constraints, these artists transform their canvases, human bodies, into walking phenomenal art. The best paintings involve camouflage. Models disappear into the background no matter what it is. They could be posing in front of a beach back drop, or the toy section of a store.
         For American comedy, I recommend 'The Ranch' and "Grace & Frankie.' They both deal with current affairs in an adult manner.
         Some of the best murder/mysteries are made in Europe. I liked 'La Mante', 'Shetland', 'The Five', 'Broadchurch' and 'Hotel Beau Sejour.' Don't worry, there are sub-titles and translations.
         For period pieces, I recommend 'Peaky Blinders' and 'Send in the Midwives.' In my estimation, most of the great television series come from Great Britain.

© Copyright 2020 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980135-Dont-Strain-Your-Quarantined-Eyes