*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980147-Better-Days
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#980147 added April 28, 2020 at 6:33pm
Restrictions: None
Better Days

Written in connection with "Note: 48-HOUR CHALLENGE : Media Prompt Deadl..." | 241 words (excl. lyrics)



Lyrics



I've been a fan of Ryan Tedder and OneRepublic for a number of years. I like quite a few of their songs, and Tedder is an accomplished songwriter who has written chart-topping songs for both his own projects and some of the biggest musicians in the world. I know this particular track is off their upcoming album to be released later this year and they've released a couple of singles over the past year, but this is the first opportunity I've had to really listening to some of their new stuff. Overall, I think it has the same good qualities as so many of their other songs, with a catchy melody and clever lyrics.

The theme of "better days" is one that I think we can all identify with right now, especially with so many of us practicing social distancing, self-quarantining, either home from work or out of work, etc. All of this coronavirus stuff seems to really be taking a toll on the whole country, maybe even the entire world. Like so many emails from our employers, local businesses, random vendors that we bought something from using the Square App that one time, "we've never seen anything like this." It's hard to tell where things are going to end up or even how long it's going to go on, but if one thing's for sure, it's that we've definitely seen better days before. Hopefully we will again one day soon!

© Copyright 2020 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980147-Better-Days