*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980304-Happiness-Versus-Monopoly
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#980304 added April 5, 2020 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
Happiness Versus Monopoly
Jamál (Beauty), 17 Bahá (Splendor) 177 B.E. Sunday, April 5, 2020

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

You get to pick three people- living or dead- to be quarantined with. But...in order to pass time, you have to play Monopoly. Who wins? Who cheats? Who cries? Who flips the table, sending pieces flying everywhere? You choose the players and how they see the game through its finish.

Monopoly doesn't lend itself to happiness!
It encourages greed,
over consumption,
and the hoarding of essential items,
such as toilet paper
and hand sanitizer
in a pandemic.


Go directly to jail.
Do not pass go.
Do not collect $100.00.

I've never played an uncivil game of Monopoly. When my siblings and I played it as children and young adults, we attempted to play by the rules. None of us got angry or upset about who won the game. When we played it, it was just a fun parlor game. However, I do understand that isn't the way some people feel about The game itself encourages greed, selfishness, and many other emotions that encourage the winner take all mentality.

Who would I invite to play a game of Monopoly, other than my siblings? That's a difficult question because I would want to make sure whoever I invited understood that it was just a game, and didn't take winning or losing it seriously. When I play a game, I want to enjoy the game and not deal with people's moods. A game is more fun when a person doesn't take the winning or losing as a life or death situation.


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980304-Happiness-Versus-Monopoly