*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981474-April-19-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#981474 added April 19, 2020 at 11:28am
Restrictions: None
April 19, 2020
The Original Logo. Prompt:"Tell us about what you always wanted to do if you had more time at home. Have you done, will you do it?"

I haven't really been a homebody for the past few years. I spent years cooped up at home during my time as a drug addict. Now I want to leave home and spread my wings so to speak. I did hitchhike a lot back them but you can't do that anymore. I guess the cut of it is that I don't want to do anything at home. I live at the West Virginia Veterans Home now and home is a dorm room. Even under quarantine it is hard to keep me nailed down. I go out and sanitize rails in the hallways and staircases to have something to do. I will be staying home more in the future because I start graduate school at Regent University online in May. I will be on here most of the time then. In fact, I need to get some notebook paper so I can take notes. I have some ordered. It just has not arrived yet.

Staying home and doing nothing is a scary proposition to me. Doing nothing is boring, particularly to somebody who is prescribed 60 mg of Adderal per day for narcolepsy.Without it I sleep all the time. On it I am a whirlwind constantly doing something. My usual routine though is to sanitize everything to keep my fellow veterans from getting sick. Believe me when I say the guys appreciate it. Many of them aren't in good enough shape to do it and some are simply lazy. The ones who cannot do it are all the time thanking me for doing so. I tell them to give the glory to Jesus because He is my motivator. I don't fear catching COVID-19 because I have a strong immune system and would barely get sick. I was one of the victims of the Hepatitis A scare locally a few years ago as were some other veterans. They were very ill from it and I did not even jaundice (yellow) from it. COVID-19 would probably not harm me, but I do not want to give it to others whom it could harm.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981474-April-19-2020