*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981586-April-20-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#981586 added April 20, 2020 at 7:14pm
Restrictions: None
April 20, 2020
Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image smallThe Original Logo.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: “Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate.”
― Amit Ray, Walking the Path of Compassion
What can you find to celebrate today?"

If I have nothing else to celebrate, I celebrate the fact that God woke me up today. I could have died in my sleep, which is the way I hope to go. I just am in no hurry to get there. I like life because it gives me the chance to tell others about Jesus. It is also a chance to give a strong warning that COVID-19 is just the beginning. If the world does not repent we are going to face more disasters. People resent me saying that God causes or allows these disasters to get their attention. People who do that obviously do not know Old Testament history. God was constantly raising up armies to conquer other nations and sending plagues and famines and disasters upon the world. Now is no different. Man is more permissive now than we have ever been. We pass law after law legalizing and putting a state sanction on sin. As long as we do that we can expect to be hammered and hard. God is not going to be mocked. It doesn't matter whether anybody believes in Him or not. He is a just and holy God who wants a just and holy world. Like any good parent He is disciplining His children and no discipline is ever pleasant. If millions die they will die. He owns them anyway! The only choice is to repent. Repent or the disasters will keep coming!

Blog City image small Prompt: "What inspires you about April?"

Everything about April inspires me. I lived in Parkersburg WV and St. Mary's WV most of my life. April there was a time of renewal. Trees were usually beginning to show their first leaves. Life was starting to come out of its long winter slumber. Now I live in Barboursville WV, about 2 hours south of Parkersburg. April here sees the leaves fully in bloom and I love it. The weather is usually perfect with the exception of some cold or rainy days, but I have never seen snow here in April. Now it is nearly May and it's beautiful around here. If I knew how to do it I'd upload a picture from my cellphone and show you the view from my window. The green is sparkling and vivid. Life has returned to the dormant trees and it's beautiful. I want to go outside and play in the sun, but I have writing and other things to do.

The Original Logo. Prompt: "I will get tomorrow's prompt out early in the morning, promise!

Every once in a while, more often maybe, depending on your location, power goes out. Do you have easy access to candles or flashlights? Do you know where they are? When was the last time you checked that your flashlight worked or that you had matches with the candles for when the lights go out? Describe where you keep them."

I live at the West Virginia Veterans Home in Barboursville Wv. We have generators that automatically kick in if the power goes out. It usually acts like it was just a power surge or something. The lights barely flicker. I have a flashlight but have no idea where it is. Candles are not permitted here because they are a fire hazard.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981586-April-20-2020