*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981680-April-21-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#981680 added April 21, 2020 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
April 21, 2020
Blog City image smallThe Original Logo.Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Blog City image small Prompt: "I don't know about you but I've been reading a lot with this shelter in place, Write about a book you recently read that stayed with you after you closed the last page or something you've read here on WDC that impressed you."

I've done quite a bit of reading since the quarantines started but I don't believe it was reading that would interest most people. I have read two of my textbooks for the upcoming semester at Regent University and have several more to read yet. I am starting the Master of Divinity CVhaplains Concentration there. If all goes well I will have my degree by 2023. Say a prayer for me.

The Original Logo. Prompt: "Be silent for 5 minutes with your eyes closed. What do you hear? What regular sounds does your house make that you aren't consciously aware of?"

I have two sleep disorders: sleep apnea and narcolepsy. Due to them I take medication to keep me awake during the day and another to put me to sleep at night. I also wear a mask to force positive pressure to keep me breathing in my sleep. If I could close my eyes for five minutes I would find my house making all kinds of noises. My "house" is the West Virginia Veterans Home in Barboursville WV. There is always somebody awake and moving around. Doors are slamming and heaters/fans are running. People are talking and televisions are blaring. I usually keep my door shut at night and my fan/heater/air conditioner running for "white noise". Silence defense me. I have hearing problems so silence results in ringing ears.

There are also three railroad tracks running past my building and the trains run constantly. It doesn't matter how late it is or who is sleeping, the trains go through and the engines are loud enough. The worse part is that they cross three or four crossings between Huntington and here and they blow the horns three or four times for long blasts at each of them. The fan drowns them out (almost). I usually sleep through them.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Describe a spring thunder storm."

Thunder storm should be "thunderstorm". Anyway thunderstorms are one of nature's prettiest beasts in my opinion. I love the sound of rain on a metal roof. We have a metal roof over the patio out front and there are gliding rockers there. Give me a good glider and a thunderstorm and it's nap time. I sleep like a baby, which isn't really all that hard for me. I have narcolepsy and I could go to sleep on a boulder pile. No kidding! Thunderstorms add to the effect with their sounds. Now if it is a wicked thunderstorm it may keep me awake due to the crashing thunderclaps. Lightning has woken me up as well. I have been struck by lightning twice and survived it. Lightning naturally scares me unless I am inside.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards{2118746-33%}{2187503-33%}Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981680-April-21-2020