*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982811-In-the-News-Mt-Charleston-Blue-Butterfly
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#982811 added May 5, 2020 at 2:38pm
Restrictions: None
In the News: Mt. Charleston Blue Butterfly
Fiḍál (Grace), 9 Jamál (Beauty) 177 B.E. Tuesday, May 5, 2020

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT May 5th

Find a local news story that makes you feel something. Share the story along with your opinion on it in your blog.


The Mt. Charleston blue butterfly, whose only known habitat is in the Spring Mountains, is endangered. The Center for Biological Diversity has threatened to sue several other agencies because of planned expansion in the Mt. Charleston and Lee Canyon areas (both located in the Spring Mountains). One of the threats to the butterfly is “implementation of recreational development projects.” It is felt that construction in these areas will threaten the butterfly.


Destroying a biological species and its habitat for recreation, doesn't make sense to me. Especially since one of the reason people go to Mt. Charleston in the spring and summer is to see the mountains beauty. Butterflies are an important species because they help pollinate the plants that make The Mountain beautiful.

Expanding the recreational area on Mt. Charleston and in Lee Canyon is just another example of putting profits before people and animals. This is something that has gone on in Las Vegas for years and it will continue unless someone puts a stop to it.


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982811-In-the-News-Mt-Charleston-Blue-Butterfly