*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983092-Values
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#983092 added May 8, 2020 at 6:36pm
Restrictions: None
Values
Istiqlál (Independence), 12 Jamál (Beauty) 177 B.E. Friday, May 8, 2020

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT May 8th

Take a look at this list of values: https://liveboldandbloom.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/400-personal-values-list...
Pick your top ten values and rank them based on how important they are to you. Then, write about the values you chose and if any have changed throughout your life.

Values

01. Faith
02. Education
03. Creativity
04. Usefulness
05. Humor
06. Empathy
07. Spirituality
08. Gratitude
09. Diversity
10. Perseverance

At 73, these are the values that are important to me. When I was younger, I would have picked different values and/or put them in a different order, When I am older the values and/or order may change. When I was choosing them, I contemplated happiness instead of education, but happiness is a value that encompasses these and other values. I picked these values because they are survival values. They assist the individual to survive in both the material and spiritual worlds.

Faith is necessary because without faith it is impossible to do anything. When you wake up each morning, you have to have faith that you will be able to get out of bed and accomplish something, such as making a carafe of coffee and drinking it. Having faith that you will get up each morning and find something to eat and drink is the minimum amount of faith you need to survive.

Education is more than simply book-learning. It is the ability to discover you innate abilities and develop them. It is learning from the tests and difficulties you encounter each day. It is discovering, through trial and error, you talents and using them to enhance your own and other peoples lives.

Creativity is the ability to find and take a different approach when you keeping failing the same test over and over and over.

Usefulness is accomplishing something that helps both the individual and society. It gives the individual a reason not to give up.

Humor help us be happy and laugh. It lets us laugh at ourselves when we do something foolish.

Empathy helps in understanding our fellow human beings.

Spirituality is a combination of prayer and meditation. It helps use to see the common foundation to all religions.

Gratitude is an attitude that helps us survive and be grateful for the little things ins life.

Diversity is of experience and friends widens our point of view and gives us a world view that takes in every human being and nation.

Perseverance is steadfastness in the path of faith.




© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983092-Values