*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983444-Stream-of-consciousness
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#983444 added May 13, 2020 at 2:26am
Restrictions: None
Stream of consciousness
PROMPT May 13th

Writing Sprint! Set a timer for 10 minutes and write without stopping about whatever comes to your mind. I challenge you to deny your urge to edit yourself as you write. If you must, you’re allowed to edit, but only after you finish your ten minute sprint. Ready? Set. GO!

Right off I go. I was thinking about funerals today. Yep an odd thing to be thinking of I know but however I was. I decided I wanted to have Always look on the bright side of life played at mine. You know the one from Monty Python’s Life of Brian. He’s hanging on the cross, Brian not Jesus and he sings that song. I think we’ve all had to drag out our optimism lately. 2020 has made us all rethink our values and the way we look at life. I’ve always been a bit of an optimist which can be annoying. My daughter was telling me a story of something which had happened. I opened my mouth to say something and she said “don’t come with any of the Always look on the bright side of life s***!”
I was a bit taken aback I can tell you but saw the funny side of it. Perhaps I am a bit of a Pollyanna, but that’s surely got to be better than being a Scrooge type character hasn’t it?
At least we’re being let out of our homes now, especially in Western Australia. When I look around at so many countries and how they’ve suffered through this crisis it makes me realise how lucky we’ve been. Of course it could be down to good governance, good timing or good geographical situation. Whatever it is I’m grateful. I don’t know how long I’ve been writing and hope that none of you even attempt to read this stream of consciousness. I’m doing what I’ve been instructed and not editing myself as you can probably tell. I’m lying on my bed writing this and as I look through the window I can see the blue sky and white clouds of another gorgeous Autumn day. I know it’s probably Spring where you are from as most of WdC members seem to come from the Northern Hemisphere. I’m happy that it’s Autumn here though it’s my favourite time of the year. Summers are too hot by far for this English skin of mine. When we have visitors from the UK they say I’m like a vampire always seeking the shade. They say this as they stand in the mid day sun burning several layers of skin from their faces and backs. Then they return to a chilly England where they can’t show off the tan they travelled so far to get. Surely ten minutes have gone by? Apparently not, no sound of the warning bell yet from my watch. So it’s been a strange week I’ve been busy playing Florence Nightingale looking after my husband after his heart operation. I’ve realised I’m not a great nurse but have done my best for him as he’s struggled with getting dressed etc. Mind you if I’d had my sternum sawn open I’d probably be a bit more sympathetic. I’ve been astounded at the resilience of the human body as it starts the healing process. I’ve also been impressed with our wonderful hospital system and of course the medical profession.
Okay that it’s folks



Frog in a Hanging Basket






Frog in a Hanging Basket




© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983444-Stream-of-consciousness