*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983775-Virtual-Travelling-I-am-off-to-England-and-Wales
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#983775 added May 17, 2020 at 8:10am
Restrictions: None
Virtual Travelling... I am off to England... and Wales
30 Day Blogging Challenge

PROMPT May 17th
Write about a fictional road trip where you meet up with your fellow competitors from the 30DBC! Who do you visit first? Do you bring any gifts? Tell us about the crazy blogger shenanigans you all get up to!


I love virtual traveling. It is almost as good at the real thing.... only cheaper.

Well, I would have to choose Alexi as she is in England and I would love to go there. Meeting her would be a blast. Maybe I could entice her to join me at the Gladstone Library in Wales and take part in Jessica Lourey's Writing Retreat there. Who wouldn't want to stay in a library and spend a week writing with an author like that. I have just ordered a couple of her books this morning - two fiction ones - The Cantalian Book of Secrets and May Day and one writing book - Rewrite Your Life: Discover Your Truth Through the Healing Power of Fiction. I am excited to get reading. I have heard her Ted Talk as well. Interesting lady who is not afraid to share her story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5vSLh3oPXI

During this pandemic, I have been taking advantage of writing with various groups in London, England and in Paris, France. Groups I cannot get to because I live in Canada, but because they are virtual right now I have met some really great people. Paris is a bucket list item for me and in my google attempts to explore writing retreats in the area, I ran across Jessica Lourey. She does a retreat in France, an hour outside of Paris, but I noticed she also does retreats in Wales. To write, sleep and eat in a library that is over 125 years old would be fabulous - definitely a bucket list item.

https://www.creativewritingretreat.com/

My friend's daughter is getting married next year. She lives in England now. I may just see about going to something like this... if I save my pennies. Maybe I can go and wouldn't it just be fabulous to have a WDC partner in crime!? Anyone else interested?


© Copyright 2020 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/983775-Virtual-Travelling-I-am-off-to-England-and-Wales