*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984092-Musical-memory
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#984092 added May 22, 2020 at 5:38am
Restrictions: None
Musical memory
PROMPT May 22nd

Music often has the ability to remind us of old memories. In your entry today, be inspired by a specific piece of music or a musical instrument. What feelings/emotions does the music or instrument stir in you? Share a specific memory your chosen song or instrument reminds you of.

There are so many memories attached to music throughout all my life.
The first that springs to mind was being on school camp in Wales. I am fourteen years old, my friends and I are in a milk bar putting money into the juke box. We’re dancing to Cliff Richard singing ‘Living Doll.’ We are thinking we’re the coolest girls around.
The next strong memory was being sixteen. My boyfriend had a job cleaning a nightclub once a week. He was saving up for a motor scooter and got paid £1 each week. He and I were both the same age. I would keep him company whilst he scrubbed the wooden staircase and the floor. I loved the fact there was a microphone available and would sing to him. Mostly Elvis songs, his favourite was ‘Love me tender’ ( no wonder he married me!)
Anything by the Glen Miller band reminds me of the movie, The Glen Miller Story. I can still see June Allyson crying when she listened to Little Brown Jug.
I was brought up on war songs, Vera Lynn and We’ll Meet Again, does it for me every time. My dad played a saxophone in a dance band, so I’ve always had a soft spot for that instrument too.
But you just can’t beat the sound of a lone bugle player sounding The Last Post to stir the soul.

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984092-Musical-memory