*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984125-Second-Time-Delivering-Fleetmapping
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#984125 added May 22, 2020 at 6:09pm
Restrictions: None
Second Time Delivering 'Fleetmapping'
Locale: Home, <Sigh>


         This week finds me at home once again/still/will I ever travel again?  I delivered an online class called 'Fleetmapping'.  This is the course I worked so hard on in March/April.  But, the usual thing happened in class this week that happens when you write something.  I'm sure you'll be able to relate.


         You know how you write something and read it through.  Then read again, and again, and maybe again.  Until you finally decide it 's about as perfect as you can get it.  So you post it on WDC, and receive a couple of good reviews on it.  Then someone gives it an average review, and points out several errors in wordings/spelling/grammar?  Yeah, that's what happened this week in class.

         So it's back to editing it again.  The slides are fine, but could be organized better maybe, or perhaps this course needs a major re-write.  After all, I just learned the course as I adapted it to a shorter delivery time, and improved (or so I thought) the spreadsheets used for student activities.  I also edited the lab guide that really guides the students through the spreadsheets.  A lot of this course is based on setting things up in the spreadsheets for the customer's radio system (and their portable/mobile radios), and is based on a software program that is not a part of any course I deliver.  So it's a challenge.  I'm not happy with the class this week, only because I realize that it's not 'perfect', and still requires some work.

         So next week, it's back to the editing mill for me.  I am determined to get these course materials to a higher level.  I have to deliver it two weeks in a row starting three weeks from Monday, and my manager will be delivering it in July.  Why is he delivering it?  Because none of us are available, and they can't move anyone around on the schedule to free me that week.  Why are we so short all of a sudden?  It's neither here nor there, but with everything starting back up (post-CoronaVirus), we have our hands full.  Okay, more than full.  I don't mind, I love it, and always keep this in mind.  With all that's going on, with the unemployment rate as high as it is, I still have a job.  One I love, one that challenges me in some ways, and one that's a good fit.  Everyone should have my work problems, huh.


In Closing

         I will spend the weekend (FOUR Days, thanks to our CEO giving everyone today off), and work three days on this course until I teach a different one the following week.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!




Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2020 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984125-Second-Time-Delivering-Fleetmapping