*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984537-Dreams
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#984537 added May 29, 2020 at 10:33am
Restrictions: None
Dreams
When I was little, I dreamed of living in a tree house surrounded by a pool with a spiral staircase going up the middle of the trunk. *Tree* In your second to last entry of the month, write about your dream home. Describe the rooms in your fantasy house and any unique characteristics. Be creative!


Owl with signature *Umbrella*


Dreamed?


I don't now and never did have a fantasy house. The A Frame I live in now was built by a person who said he could only build A Frames. He was hired to build a house on this property by my new in-laws who apparently were friends of the builders wife?? I'm not sure of all the facts. My part in all of this is I let them influence me because I wanted a house put onto the property and they were happy to help someone do the building so they could direct my money somewhere they wanted it to go.

At this point I was not aware of all the superstitions that whirl around this part of the country about shapes, colors, and witchy types of ideas. Who doesn't know the difference between a house and an Egyptian pyramid; a house and a witches hat; for that matter the difference between A.D. 70 and 2020?

The builder also built another A Frame house in the area which has long ago burnt to the ground. Also, an A frame house in a nearby community also burnt to the ground???

Truthfully, it is not a bad house. It is just a house. Three sides got sided. When I complained because the 4th side was not finished no one listened. When I personally set myself the job to side the 4th side. The work went well. However, when I was somewhere shopping, at church, visiting relatives, doing the things people do; someone constantly tore all the new siding off the East side of the house. It was redwood siding with a red roof at that time, early 1970's. After a lot of years, (20 or so) we bought new roofing and vinyl siding. I sided the south part of the house, Remember this is an A-frame) so the north and south side of the house are mostly roof. Just entry ways to side. K sided the north entry way and the east face of the house. Then guess what? Yep. 3 sides of the house got finished the west side is not done. Unfortunately, the west side gets hit with wind in a mighty way. So, the last two years it is taking a beating. But, last fall, with the help of one of my sons we started siding the West side. So, I am hoping to help with it and it will start going up slowly and surely we will have the majority up by winter this year.

My ideas of a good house to live in around this area focus on heavy insulation, fans in rooms for individual room cooling, appliances for ease of living, strong locks on the doors, water and sewage that work well. These are not dreams but things to work toward and keep maintaining once achieved. If you grew up in a house without any plumbing except for a hand pump to get water from in a back room and an outhouse with out heat in the winter, plumbing in important.
And, I learned how important it is as I grew older. I wanted things like these in my house so my children would be more civilized than I ever thought of being.

Back to the dream idea. I get ideas and try to find out if they are feasible for a normal lifestyle. Fantasy is fun to read but, may not fit a normal sequence of events.

Delusion isn't as much fun as real life. Dreams and visions are different.

Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne







© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984537-Dreams