*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986927-Letters
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#986927 added July 1, 2020 at 10:31am
Restrictions: None
Letters
Write a letter to your parents from before your birth. Give them advice about how to raise you and give them a heads up about anything they might struggle with when you come into their lives.

Thanks for today's choice. When I read this I had my first good laugh for the day. *Rolling* Now onward to write the letter.

signature dancing owl *Music1*


Quote: “There’s another quote on the act of writing letters, have a look: Letter writing is a truly anachronistic genre, a sort of tardy inheritance of the eighteenth century; those who lived at that time believed in the pure truth of the written word. And we? Times have changed; words are lost with ever greater ease; you can see them float on the waters of history; sink, come up again, mixed in by the current with the water hyacinths.”
― Ricardo Piglia, Respiración artificial https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/letter-writing


Lots of Letters Make a Letter


I was born in January of 1945 that's the year WWII ended. WWII ended officially on September 2, 1945. A lot of things my parents experienced are sketchy since my dad's family had a pact not to tell me any particulars of happenings. I'm the youngest of my Dad's two offspring. My dad was stationed at an army base in a southern state; training to be shipped overseas into some war zone. My mother was living in Florida near her parents with my brother. I was born in a hospital in Daytona Beach Florida.

I would have to write separate letters so here goes:

Dear Dad:

If you think WWII was bad wait until you get a look at life in 60's, 70's, and 80's. If you were here we would talk, because we did talk lots of times and it was good talks. My only real advice after looking at the over all picture is don't look to friends and relatives to raise your children. You are sufficiently capable of bringing us up by spending time and energy on us. It's the other people we have to look out for the ones who lied to you.

Dear Mom,

You were well grounded and a good influence as long as you were with us. Unfortunately, it was not long enough. Is it ever? Since I did not know you well I always wonder what life would have been like had you lived to help us fight our battles of growing up.

At least, I know who's side you would have been on when the Black Lives Matter banners started waving. I remember my brother playing with the little black boy down the road and the white boys throwing rocks at them and you chasing the bigger boys away. I stood behind you and my brother while you yelled at them out the kitchen door. I'm guessing, but you were probably the knowledge seeking parent.

This is short because I don't wish for a different life. You both were what I remember as wanting more in life than you got. Broken families always rule life after war, accident, or disease.

Love, your daughter

After thinking, I would send this as a whole letter to both parents though they were split up by death who knows maybe they are together watching now.

Experiences combined with actions set our memories to draw on later.

Bye *Wave4*
























apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986927-Letters