*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986902-Hello-mum-and-dad
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#986902 added July 1, 2020 at 2:49am
Restrictions: None
Hello mum and dad.
PROMPT July 1st

Write a letter to your parents from before your birth. Give them advice about how to raise you and give them a heads up about anything they might struggle with when you come into their lives.

Hi folks, only another eighteen days and I’ll be arriving in your lives. I think I’d better give you the heads up Mum, you’d better call for the midwife early or you’re going to end up giving birth to me on your own on the floor in front of the fire. Oh, sorry to let you know I’m going to be a big baby, over ten pounds. Thanks for not calling me Penny, I know that was the other choice. I will be calling myself Sue for most of my life though, not the Susan you insisted on calling me.

It’s a shame you don’t get to see me until I’m nearly one Dad. Wartime sucks.

I’m going to be a shy little girl, my advice is to make me braver. I think starting me at school on my fourth birthday is a little too early. I’ll always be the youngest in the class by nearly a year, struggling to keep up.
Thanks for giving me two big brothers, they will always be there for me.
When I start going out with boys, dad, I need you to be more understanding and not so controlling. This will make my life so much easier and make me love you more, not less.
When I leave you to go to another country, it’s not because I don’t love you or miss you. I need to find myself, the real me, not someone’s daughter or sister. You’ll enjoy Australia when you visit.

Your loving daughter
Sue

© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986902-Hello-mum-and-dad