*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987224-4th-of-July-Memories--Musings
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#987224 added July 4, 2020 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
4th of July Memories & Musings
Passing along some happy 4th wishes:

4th of July 2020



From about 2000-2012 the family used to go to Catalina Island/Avalon for the 4th of July. The weather was beautiful, warm, but not too warm. The USC marching band played patriotic music. There was a golf cart parade, buffet at the casino, more marching band music, fireworks over the bay. And every year more and more in laws came, until it was a fiasco. The last 4th on Catalina was 2012. It was crazy. It was a long story, but we had at least 15 plus in laws, had to rent 2 condos, had a 200.00 cabana that we had to pay for and didn't want. Every meal was dictated by the evil in law nazi, Mr. Bee couldn't handle it, got drunk and Mr. Richard got yelled at for it.

After 2012, Mr. Bee said never again. So went camping. One year we went to the Redwoods. I think. One year we went to Cayous on the coast but the marine layer kinda put a damper on it. Two years we stayed home and I participated in the Cub Scout 4th of the July parade and went to Ventura for fireworks. One year Mr. Bee took Little Bee to the in laws for a pool party and I volunteered to stay home with the dog who didn't do well with fireworks. That year, I ordered Dominos and held my dog's paw while we watched storage wars. One year I took the little bees to Magic Mountain for fireworks but they were kinda a bust. One year we went to Pismo beach. That was fun. Last year we went to the Dodger Game. That was fun.

This year, COVID got us good. We're not going anywhere. So I baked a blueberry pie and I'm going to make it look like a flag. I got some red/white/blue/flowers. We'll BBQ trip-trip. Planning to watch Hamilton on Disney Plus.

On a more personal note, I always like to see the fireworks. Even since I was little bee growing up in New Hampshire. When I was in the military and overseas in Germany I don't recall any fireworks shows, but we had picnics that were fun and we always felt/had a patriotic vibes since we were serving our country.

Here's hoping your 4th of July is safe and fun filled. Maybe next year...

What are you doing for the 4th?

© Copyright 2020 StephBee (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987224-4th-of-July-Memories--Musings