*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987274-Looking-Back
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#987274 added July 5, 2020 at 9:50am
Restrictions: None
Looking Back
Tell us about someone you find inspirational.


This book is a Hoot! *StarfishB*


Quote: “You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.”
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Characters Make a Difference*TV*


I like a lot of different characters. For instance when we watch Nash Bridges its Joe Dominguez that gives the show pizazz. Dominguez is always trying out schemes for padding his salary. In the long run though, he is good at his job as a detective, has a lot of common sense, humor, and is faithful and delighted in his family.

Another character that inspires me is Anna Pigeon from the stories written by Nevada Barr. Anna is self sufficient in a way that just seems right. Even her name suggests she was targeted for trouble. Something I have personal experience with.

I tried to put some of these traits onto a person who may have inspired me at some point in my life. As a very young child I think it was Roy and Dale Evans. Although, my envy, that they owned horses and lived on ranches, had a lot to do with my feelings then. But, later, after they were no longer on the scene, I read their biographies and thought, during their lives, they were trying to bring to the public real ideals, as people in Hollywood, who may have had some influence on the public.

There was a teacher in grade school who everyone liked. She was kind, fair, and helped us like to learn. Actually, a lot of grade school teachers, in the school I attended, after we moved to my grandfathers farm, were teachers who inspired us to learn.

I've always been an avid reader preferring a good book to recess. So, it's not surprising I remember characters not real people who influenced me.

There was the history teacher that took me aside and told me I was better at pronouncing the names of historical people than he was, but I was not applying myself to the subject as well as I should.

There was an algebra teacher who was willing to tutor me in Algebra 1 (8th grade) for free after I missed 2 weeks of school because of Asian Flu. I think over the years teachers here and there always had my back, even in college.

HAPPY TRAILS




© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987274-Looking-Back