*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987619
Rated: 13+ · Book · Travel · #2032403
ON THE WRITE PATH: travel journal for Around-the-World in 2015, 16, 18.
#987619 added July 9, 2020 at 3:34pm
Restrictions: None
Me and João talking about Lagos, Portugal
Calm seas and lovely rock formations. Along the beaches of Lagos, 28.abril.2014.

João: Lagos. The beaches. The water. The sun glistening off the water. All the shiny things.

Me: Yes, you'll like it there.

João: What's there to do?

Me: Relax!

João: No, really.

Me: There's a small science museum, a small church museum, the ruins of the greatest school of navigation.

João: Anything shiny?

Me: A 3 cent silver coin from the United States displayed in the church. And no, you can't have it.

João: You know me. [laughs]

Me: Yes, I do. [laughs] Ask Filipa where to go and what to do. She's looking forward to meeting you. Pack a hat, some shorts and something red.

João: I always do.

Me: You'll need to eat. Try the grilled sardines or octopus salad. Don't forget to try a frango and there's pastries everywhere.

João: Are they sweet?

Me: Very sweet, but not as sweet as you! [laughs] Some are savory.

João: I can be that too. [smirks]

Me: Be nice.

João: I'm always nice.

Me: And be nice to yourself. Lagos is a place stamped with history. Let 600 years of the Age of Discovery wash over you as you stretch out on the beach. Then go for a swim. And don't forget to take a boat ride to see the caves. Sea-kayaking is an option too. Plenty enough to do.

João: Party?

Me: All the small cafes.

João: And Portimão?

Me: Don't bother. You'd be better off in England, plus Filipa would give you hell! Better to relax in Lagos. It's more than nice for anyone ... especially for you.

For:
FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer


Prompt: Write about the last time you did something nice for yourself.

Every trip I make. Portugal was supposed to be this past April. The ice cream I bought yesterday does not make up for it. Here, João from "Os vampiros não vivem em Évora" joins me.

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987619