*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987789-4157-26-and-Fairy-Dust-Space-Cadet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#987789 added July 11, 2020 at 10:30pm
Restrictions: None
4157 26 and Fairy Dust (Space Cadet)
I'm trying to do an appendix: "Space Cadet - the never ending journal, which at the moment is underconstruction but necessary so folks (including me) don't get lost or confused.

From my (Space Cadet's) notes as a child to be shared 4157 26:

Fairy dust

The night song of crickets was the sound of stars twinkling*

I've heard a recording of crickets. Do they shine like stars? There are so many tonight. I think they'd be louder here.

Fireflies were fairy dust, gleaming in moonlight*

The moons are dark rocks flying like ravens. I've heard about faeries. They live in the gloomy forests. I'm not allowed to visit them. But I want to.

Words couldn't hurt me and promises were kept*

But they do hurt. I want to leave as soon as I can.

Happy endings were real and wishes came true —*

That would be nice. They say "wish upon a star", but which one? There are so many to choose from.


I can only tell you that I did escape. The details are for another time.

Fanciful things only a child can believe before life's bitter lessons take the wonder away.*

I have never lost my sense of wonder.


*The italicized part of the child's memory is a response to the poem found in:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2159803 by Not Available.


Read the above item. Prompt: Happy endings were real and wishes came true. Write about this from a child's view.


For
 
FORUM
Space Blog  (ASR)
Cruising WDC cyberspace and raiding ports for blog prompts!
#2223838 by Sharmelle's Expressions


4157 26

90210: Yes, they're humanoid. No, we will NOT contact them. Yes, there are very good reasons to avoid them. Slavery is one. Hatred and division is another. Irrationality reigns.

Jaafar: Said so sweetly and gently, not one note out-of-place. Not one argument to defend. No sense that you are even ruffled.

90210: I'm not.

Jaafar: Impressive.

90210: You should have met my father's sister. They say I take after her. As unmoveable as a rock and about as much empathy. I get that from my maternal grandfather. Skipped a generation.

Jaafar: Empathy.

90210: Can move people to move planets. Some believe in competition that in it's worse form leads to warfare. I believe that a unified force built on peace serves the universe better.

Jaafar: You're good at it.

90210: If I weren't we'd all be enslaved or sold at the meat market.

Jaafar: That bad.

90210: Worse. The humans of the Green Star wracked havoc as soon as they discovered interstellar travel. It's why the humans of Sol were kept out of space for thousands of years. They did better on their third try many stardates ago.

Jaafar: But before then...

90210: Interdicted. Banned. Blocked. Kept in the dark. But humans are intelligent. Those on the Green Star still want to escape. They entice unwary interstellar travellers until they can.

Jaafar: We didn't fall for it.

90210: You might have. This crew is vulnerable. But Kat's dreams are true. And Kat's and Cook's people have suffered immensely.

Jaafar: And you?

90210: Not as sure-of-the-future as Kat. Not as wary as Cook. Not as steadfast as my aunt. But I know this crew and I know how to read their thoughts better than the Green Star does. And Kat says we leave them behind in her dreams. And that I am the one to guide us through. And that is enough.


Prompt: Imagine what the world would be like today if humans had never discovered/invented _________ (fill in the blank). Interstellar travel. We have and were punished for it. We now think it's possible. It's probable ... if the Universe welcomes us back. Just my theory...

For:
FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/987789-4157-26-and-Fairy-Dust-Space-Cadet