*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989018-July-24-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#989018 added July 24, 2020 at 8:48am
Restrictions: None
July 24, 2020
This image was created by the talented by Sharmelle's Expressions!Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image smallThis image made by Sharmelle's Expressions.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Use this opening as inspiration.for your blog post... these.little known life hacks have made my life easier."
The life hack that has made my life much easier, aside from my faith in Jesus Christ, has been a quote on page 417 of the Big Book. (1) It says “And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation-some fact of life-unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is suppose to be at this moment.”

An image for the forum "Prompt: Captain Kirk and I were space trucking through the galaxy and found the planet:
Quotes  (E)
Getting to know me through my scribbling
#2152607 by innerlight


by innerlight

Read the above item and choose a quote and write about it. She has some good quotes to choose from.

I chose to write on the first quote I came to which was "There is no reason today cannot be the best day of my life."

I agree 100%. I believe life is exactly what we make it. If we want to be miserable we can be miserable. On the other hand, we can choose to have a positive attitude and even the bad things can be tolerable. I recently had a swollen kidney. I was hospitalized because my kidney was about to rupture. The nurses were so proud of me there. They kept asking why I wasn't complaining and moaning about the pain. One nurse said that I had the highest tolerance for pain of any man she had ever seen. She said most men would be lying in the fetal position screaming from pain. I told her I was okay because the pain was what it was. They did keep it under control but even had they not my answer would have been the same. It hurt! Yes, the pain was almost unbearable. However, I chose not to be miserable so I was not miserable.

Blog City image small Prompt: "Use your favorite song title to inspire your entry today.

There are a ton of songs I like. I don't have a favorite. You'll have to ask me something else. I like Classic Country, anything with lots of steel guitar, Amazing Grace, The Old Rugged Cross, old hymns, contemporary Christian, so I have no favorite.

A signature for my blog Prompt: "In a boook review of "Destroyer of the Gods: Distinctiveness in the Roman World."An author asks "Why should students of world Christianity in the twenty-first century pay any attention to the study of the first three centuries of European Christian history? Since that is an excellent question I will ask you the same thing.

Why should we learn early church history?"

I think the primary reason we should learn early church history is to learn their strengths and weaknesses. We can see what they did right and repeat it and what they did wrong and avoid it. I guess I probably should have clarified that early church history means 200AD and later.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesSignature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsSignature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020













1. William Wilson, Alcoholics Anonymous, (New York, NY.: Alcoholics Anonymous World Services), 2001

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989018-July-24-2020